Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to school trip

We went on a little back to school trip this past weekend. A few months ago David got tickets to the Rangers/Yankees game that was in TX. Since the Yankees are Dawson's favorite team we thought it would be a fun game to check out. So while we were in Texas we stayed with my brother and his wife. At his house the kiddos got their first taste of guitar hero. Dawson and Casady both believe they are rock stars now. They played and played. I tried it for the first time also and I have to say that I can rock out a little!!! It is a fun game, that's for sure. While we were there we got to visit with my wonderful friend Whitney and her two precious little girls. It was so nice to get to see her. Then it was game time. David and Casady wore Rangers attire while Dawson and I supported the Yankees! We could not have asked to see a better game. The were six homers and one of them was a game winning, walk off grand slam. David and I did not know if the kiddos could make it through the whole game. But when it was tied in the eighth inning, we knew we had to stay. So we did and got to see a great ending. Dawson and I were sad that the Yankees lost but we were happy that we got some great pictures of Arod and Giambi!!! I think that our back to school trip was a success!

Rockin to the song Surrender!
She was a natural.
Coley, Casady and Mylie.
Me and Whitney.

Getting ready for the game.

Arod and Giambi.

1 comment:

dw hicks said...

It was good to see you all. Glad the game was fun!