Friday, September 9, 2011

GREEN CHILI

OK...listen to this....we were able to get....wait for it.....New Mexico-Hatch-Green Chili in Oklahoma!!! Not only did a local grocery store have it, they actually roasted the fresh little chilies for us! Just like we used to get it when I was younger. Typically we have a friend or family member stock us up when they come to visit. Or if we make a trip to Albuquerque we would bring some back. So with pure excitement my mom went to the grocery store and got 5 boxes=110 pounds of roasted green chili! I took a box and smelled the house up with a nice fresh roasted chili aroma while I peeled, seeded, and freezer bagged it! (The kiddos were not to fond of the smell!) So now I have a freezer full of chili to last us for awhile. We are ready to enjoy some green chili enchiladas, green chili in our salsa, green chili cheeseburgers...and the list goes on!


This is the trash bag they put it in after they roast it.


My freezer bags full of yummy goodness!

1 comment:

Amy Fletcher said...

I got mine last weekend!!! Went to Central Market in Plano (they have a big festival.) Its about time the green chile fever hit the Okies!! I made green chile stew today...now if only I could get my mom to come and make me some homemade tortillas...