Well it has taken me almost three months to post all these pictures that I have had on my camera. Our summer just flew by and we have jumped right into the fall season. Here is a recap of the past few months, starting with the most recent. I will explain as we go.....
Fall Sports
Fall Sports
We started a new season of soccer and flag football. Casady football and Dawson soccer! Just joking...Dawson loves playing football. I know that he wishes he was playing tackle but I think we will wait one more year! David is the coach and does an excellent job. I do not have a picture of Dawson playing yet. I will take one on Saturday and post it next week...Casady is playing soccer. This year she is on an all girls team. Which I think she prefers! She is a good little athlete and I am anxious to see what she really loves to play. Here are a couple pictures of her this past weekend.

The weekend of September 11 our town had what they call "Mustang Western Days". There was a carnival, parade, car show, food, and a mile fun run race for the kiddos. Both of the kids wanted to run in the race and we "trained" the two weeks before by doing our own fun runs! They ran in waves according to the their grade. The course started on the track, went out and around the stadium, and finished on the track. Dawson went before Casady and did really well. He ran it in 8.27 minutes. Casady started off running with a little friend of hers. As we waited for them to hit the homestretch, I saw her friend but no Casady. We waited....and waited...and waited. After a few minutes we finally spotted her and she was running her heart out. She finished the race in 12 minutes. This was a little surprising to me because I know that she had run a mile with me faster than that. I greeted her at the finish line and told her how proud I was of her and gave her a big hug. She then proceeded to tell me that a boy had pushed her down as soon as they got out of the stadium and she had to have someone bandage her knees up. She said "I was trying to catch up and I was passing people, that is what took me so long". I felt so sorry for my sweet girl. But she finished and could care less what her time was or what place she was in. We had fun watching them. Maybe next year David and I will run in the 5K!!

Before the race.

4th graders fixing to take off!
Almost to the finish line!! (I don't have a picture of Dawson crossing the finish line because I was video taping him sprinting to victory!!)New School Year, New School
Now that we live in Mustang, the kiddos get to go to a new school. They were both excited for something new and different. They already knew a few kids from the neighbor hood that would be there so that made it easier. Both of their teachers are great and we are anxious to see what this year will hold.

The front!

The back!

Cute smile!
New see through back pack! Pink...of course!
Daddy walking them to in on the first day.
Dawson in front of his classroom. He has Mrs. Bailey.Last Days of Summer
Before school started we tried to come up with some fun things to do. It was pretty hot so we mostly tried to find indoor activities. Here are a few things we came up with.
Before school started we tried to come up with some fun things to do. It was pretty hot so we mostly tried to find indoor activities. Here are a few things we came up with.
The kiddos decided to make Dawson's room into a fort. They dragged out some sheets and had at it. They even brought little chairs and trays in for their furniture!

Here is what it looked like from the door!
They decided to have lunch in their fort!One day we went with our friends Thomas and Silas to a BMX dirt track to ride bikes. There was no one there so the kids got to race over and over again. The hills were pretty steep. Casady was a trooper...she peddled as hard and fast as she could. Some of the hills were harder than others for her. Dawson was trying to do jumps by the end of the day!
Ready...Set...Goooooo!
Casady taking off!
Here is her BMX injury!We also went ice skating with Thomas and Silas. This is the first time we have been. I have to say it was pretty amusing. I always giggle if I see arms swinging in circles to try and keep someone from biffing it! Both of the kiddos assumed that it would be easier than it was and were a little frustrated at first. But after a while they were getting the hang of it. This was a great cool, indoor activity!!
Casady, Dawson, Thomas, and Silas
Doing twirls with Silas.
Holding tightly to the edge!!We also got to go to the lake again. This time we took Grammy with us. It was a nice weekend getaway and Dawson and Casady had fun showing my mom all that they could do. Casady was able to get up and water ski for the first time. It is fun to watch a little person ski behind a huge boat! Dawson spent most of his time taking Grammy around on the jet ski!
I love Ainsley's smile in this picture! Super cute.
There is a wrap up of the last months of summer and the first month of Fall. ;0)






No comments:
Post a Comment