We headed to the lake for the 4th with some good friends of ours. They were nice enough to invite us to stay at their lake house and have some fun on the water. We had a great time testing out their new boat, learning to surf and wake board, tubing, making smores on the fire, and just hanging out. The only bad part of the trip was that we did not see any fireworks. There was a bad storm that came right when it was getting dark on the 4th and no one was able to shoot off their fireworks. We lit some sparklers when we got home and hopefully we can see some fireworks as it drys out!
Dawson could not wait to get in the water. Here he is on the boat ready to jump in!
Casady and Daddy on the seadoo. Last year she was not about the seadoo, this year all she said was "faster, faster, hit the big wave"!!
Dawson tried to wake board. He did pretty good but wasn't able to stay up. I am sure he will keep trying.
The three person tube is the coolest. The kiddos really enjoyed that.
This is me surfing....that is right surfing! Our friends have a boat that is able to create a certain type of wake that allows you to surf. Now I tried water skiing once in high school and was not able to even get up. So I gave up on water sports. But this time I thought I would be brave and give it a try. After some coaching and about 7 face plants, I was able to get up on the surf board. Once you are up you are supposed to pull yourself behind the boat, let go of the rope, and ride the wave! Well I did it all except let go of the rope!! Maybe next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment