Friday, December 12, 2008

December has started

December is one of our busiest months and one of my favorites. It starts off with my birthday. This year was a bitter sweet one. I turned 30 and do not know how to feel about that yet!! It just sounds funny to say that I am now in my 30s. My day was a great day. David invited my good friends to dinner and that was wonderful. Then he baked me a cake from scratch. It was a white cake with chocolate fudge icing. Do not let him fool you...he is a fabulous baker!! The cake was super yummy. Here is a picture of the fam with the cake. I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday...husband, kiddos, and cake!!

The week after my birthday we head out to get our Christmas tree. We go to a tree farm and cut it down. This is something that we all look forward to every year.
Casady wanted to get this one, but it was just a bit tiny for our living room!

Daddy leading the hunt while Dawson pulls Casady on the tree wagon.



We found it! Here it is before we cut her down.

Daddy sawing away!
Taking the tree back to the truck.

Before...
hanging her new ornament...
hanging his new ornament...
After!!! Oh I love the smell of a fresh tree and the days leading up to Christmas.
Happy December!

2 comments:

Amy Fletcher said...

Your December sounds like it has been so much fun already! And don't worry about being in your 30's. I LOVE MY 30's! Finally people take you seriously! Give it a few months--you'll totally be over your 20's and be proud to have joined the ranks of the 30-somethings! Paul turns 30 next month, so be sure and razz him about it, okay? Love you!

Crazy Blessings said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish we could have tried that cake it looks YUMMY!!