Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bug Girl

Casady absolutely loves bugs. Any kind of bug...not just pretty little butterflies, but big gross bugs too. There was a special speaker at the library this week that brought a bunch of bugs to show the kids. Casady was so excited that she got to hold a huge Madagascar Cockroach. It was bigger that her hand. She got in line twice to hold him. Dawson wanted nothing to do with it! In the picture she is holding her bug catcher that used to be Dawsons. He has no use for it so passed it on to the little lady. Casady will scavenge the yard for any little or big creature that she can catch and put in her bug container. So far we have had different colored grasshoppers, ladybugs, moths, and a caterpillar. I am always wondering what she will bring in from outside!

3 comments:

dw hicks said...

I love that she is searching for bugs in a dress and silver sandals! Too cute.

Amy Fletcher said...

You know, I have to say that I am really impressed with your girly-girl and her bug catching. Who knew she'd be braver than her big brother when it comes to creepy-crawlies? I totally approve and I LOVE her bug catching outfit!

Robbins' Nest said...

That is so funny! Your kids are adorable. Hope you all are well.
Becca